Roast & Toast Garden Party - Mr. Sunshine's 50th Birthday benefiting the Jewish General Hospital Foundation
June 11th 2019, Guzzo Residence, Terrebonne
For Vincenzo Guzzo’s 50th birthday, the Jewish General Hospital (JGH) Foundation got to put him in the hot seat! He and his wife Maria are renowned philanthropists, giving generously to the Foundation that plays a vital role in the Quebec healthcare system.
For his birthday wish this year Vincenzo wanted to give back, so all the proceeds raised during the evening were in support of the Jewish General Hospital’s Digital Health Initiative. This unique initiative will provide the hospital – and its 25,000 in-patients a year – with the cutting-edge technologies needed to support preventive, predictive and personalized care. It will enable doctors and healthcare professionals to make the best healthcare decisions at their disposal thanks to the power of data, artificial intelligence and other technological tools.
The evening was hosted by Freeway Frank, with the presence of the following special guests on stage:
· Mark Smith, the President of Pandion Investments Limited and a member of the International Advisory Board of McGill University’s Business School. Also holds a seat on the Board at Selwyn House School and The Montreal General Hospital Foundation, where he also serves as Chairman of the hospital’s Investment Committee.
· Michael Penner, a Canadian lawyer and businessman. He served as chairman of Hydro-Québec from 2014 to 2018 and currently serves on the Board of Directors of Scotiabank, the Toronto-headquartered financial services company.
· Sal Parasuco, the owner and founder of Parasuco Jeans Inc., is a denim legend that has rocked the world of fashion for the past 40 years.
· Michele Romanow, a Canadian tech entrepreneur, television personality, board director and venture capitalist. She co-founded Clearbanc and has been a cast member of CBC’s Dragons' Den since Season 10.
The main act of the Roast & Toast evening, was Rachid Badouri, a comedian who has sold more than 600,000 tickets across the province of Quebec, and has often appeared at the Just For Laughs Festival.
The presence of some special guests during the evening from the Jewish General Hospital included:
· Eddy Wiltzer, Chair of the Board of Directors
· Bram Freedman, President and CEO
· Denis Coderre, Foundation Ambassador
· Betty Elkaim and Larry Sidel, senior members of the JGH Foundation team
· Alan Maislin, Chair of the Board of Directors of the CIUSS-West-Central Montreal
· Robert Dumas, the Honorary President of the upcoming 12th edition of Notte In Bianco, taking place in September 2019.
If you were unable to attend the event and would like to donate, please click on the link below:
The Guzzo family would like to thank the following co-chairs of the campaign of the Roast & Toast Garden Party:
Gaby Bitton, Claude Léger, Mike Minicucci, John Ruggieri, Mark Smith and Sal Parasuco.
As well as the following major sponsors of this event:
Veuve Cliquot, Giulietta Pizzeria Napoletana, UB Media, Parasuco Jeans Inc. and Seal Productions.